The car radiator is one of the most helpful things in the car cooling system. It will artificially cool the overall system and keep them running smoothly. Without the car radiator, there is a possibility of overheating the engine. After running for a long time, a car engine needs something to make its system cool. The car radiator does the work for the car engine.
Radiators are generally made of copper or aluminum. It is at risk when a closed radiator cooling system gets dirty and leaks. It can’t hold pressure, and the coolant leaks out. As a result, it became an overheated motor. Cleaning your car radiator and its other parts keeps cool the whole system of your vehicle.
6 Quick Steps To Clean Your Car Radiator
- Step 1 – Clean the Radiator Fins
- Step 2 – Add water and cleaning solution
- Step 3 – How to clean a radiator with baking soda
- Step 4 – How to clean a radiator with vinegar
- Step 5 – Restore Coolant
- Step 6 – Turn on the car engine
Let us discuss in detail what will you need –
- Shallow pan
- Garden hose
- Baking soda
- Distilled water
Related Search – How to Clean Car Windshield (Inside & Outside)
Step 1: Clean the Radiator Fins
- Initially, clean the exterior of your car radiator.
- It comprises cleaning the radiator to remove filth, gravel, and pests from radiator fins.
- Disposing of dirt ensures adequate ventilation, which is necessary for lessening excess heat capacity.
Step 2: Add water and cleaning solution
The solution-to-water ratio varies on the kind of cleaner you want to use. Therefore, read the manual before putting any cleaning solution into the radiator.
Step 3: How to clean a radiator with baking soda
Try baking soda to clean your car radiator with a homemade solution. How to clean a car radiator? Let’s check the steps-
- Make your engine cool by emptying the coolant.
- Add five tablespoons of baking soda for every one-liter water.
- Pour the solution into the radiator.
- Finally, rinse the coolant with a garden hose.
Step 4: How to clean a radiator with vinegar
Above, we gave you the cleaning procedure of a radiator by using baking soda. Additionally, you can clean with vinegar. Go through the following steps-
- First, install a pan beneath the radiator to collect the dripping coolant.
- Next, unscrew the radiator cap.
- Fill distilled water and vinegar in the radiator.
- Before starting driving, allow your car to warm up for a few minutes.
- Remove the radiator drain valve. The excess content will come out from the valve.
- Finally, clean your radiator with a garden hose.
Step 5: Restore Coolant
Lift the tank cap. After that, fill it with water and coolant by using a funnel.
Step 6: Turn on the car engine
After restoring the coolant, switch on your car engine. If the engine starts to run hotter, turn it off right away and prevent scorching. Alternatively, use a vacuum-fill device to flush the trapped airflow.
You might also like – How To Clean Exhaust Tips?
Expert Tips on how to Clean Car radiator
- Wear safety glasses to protect your eyes from liquid discharges.
- Whenever you notice droplets under your car, analyze the consistency of the fluid. It indicates there’s a leakage somewhere in the pipeline.
If you have tried doing it yourself with limited success, get a radiator specialist to do it. If you think cleaning Radiator on your own is a waste of money and time, buy a new one and install it.
Read this next –
- How to Clean Car Battery Terminals – Expert Tips to Cleaning Fast & Effectively!
- How to Clean Car Air Filter at home? – Secret Cleaning Tips
- How to Clean Car AC Condenser? – Super Cleaning Tips